Tuesday 8 June 2010

Writing, RSVPs and Letters...

Following on from yesterday's post about wedding stationary...it got me thinking about RSVPs... I RSVPd by phone to this wedding - not by text, but an actual uber-excited phone call! There was also a postcard included with this invitation pack and so I'm going to send that too...


Writing on the postcard got me thinking - oh how I miss having penpals. I had penpals the world over when I was younger. I've always loved to write and it was fun keeping in touch with people who lived so far away. Unfortunately, I've only managed to stay in touch with one of these penpals (it's been about 11 years now!), but these days, we mostly email and send facebook messages. Sure the internet has quickened our communication and we can chat with people worldwide in an instant. Heck, it's even helped me find some like-minded blogpals, who have become 'real life' friends. But still, for me, nothing beats a good old fashioned letter! The sound it makes when the postman drops it through the door, the feeling of opening the flap of the envelope and unfolding the letter from its creases! I just LOVE letters! Sadly, I actually don't remember the last postal mail that I received excluding bills, surveys and take-away menus! Birthday and Christmas cards don't count either unfortunately! Whilst I appreciate those, I know when both events are coming and the excitement isn't really there anymore...


So, as a lover of most things retro, second-hand, up-cycled and 'old', I've decided, as a half-year resolution, to write more letters...to other people (not myself)! I'm talking actual writing, with a special pen and special (ideally scented) paper, finished off with commemorative stamps. If I really get into it, I might even commission a rubber stamp of my own!!! 


I can't wait to make someone else's day by just sending them an unexpected 'hey, how're you doing?!'...


Now all I need is that special pen, paper and envelope set - and I'm away!




Mrs O
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...