Sunday 20 February 2011

Akwaaba - a warm welcome from Ghana

...whenever I meet anyone who happens to have met a Ghanaian before, the first thing they tell me is how welcoming, warm and friendly their friend/cousin/colleague is. More or less, this has also been my experience so far... 


When we arrived at the airport, just after collecting our baggage (which is a story on its own!), we were met with the following sign:





I saw the sign, sniggered and took out my camera.  Beside it, stood a policeman who said 'do you like it?' I wasn't really sure if I should say yes or no - I mean he looked very serious! I chose 'yes' and then he smiled...and I scurried on my way! It was the start of an extremely interesting trip - full of irony, laughter and unexpected surprises along the way. 


It's been SUCH an amazing experience and I'm gonna write some posts about it, before the details get lost somewhere in the depths of my memory.


Ghana is one different place...I can't wait to go back - soon!


Mrs O
x



1 comment:

  1. Imagine the complaints about political correctness if such a notice was put up here in the western world!! Sometimes the lack of constraint in Africa has its advantages!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...