This time a baptist church. I'm one who finds it hard to get going with the church thing, but when I do-I get INTO it. Though the pace of the sermon today was a but slow, having my trusty Bible app meant I could make notes easily- and provided I don't lose them by next week Sunday, the learnings should serve me well for the week- until my next fix.
I'm not gonna try to re-preach; I'm but a
Take home message for me was 'learn the lesson, acquire the skill, pray on it and then start planning yourself missy!'
I try to think of myself in God's shoes sometimes. I was made in his image, right and we're both loving parents, aren't we? So, take Mini Miss O for example. The girl is literally trying to run around. She is JUST 5 months, has just about sussed out 'sitting' never mind 'walking before you run'. Obviously I know that isn't how it works, yet she doesn't. If you attempt to move her, she starts trying to escape by foot! I just laugh at the irony of course. Maybe that's what God thinks...
'Mrs O, your 3 bed house is not even tidy, yet you want a 5 bed!'
And in my head I'm saying
'Hey but big G, if you give me a 5 bed without me having to work for it, I'm gonna hire a cleaner to keep it shiny as you like it!'
#God must be rolling his eyes at me! ; )
Today's message spoke to me. I got it.
The points made were (in my own non-pastoral vocab):
* The road to nowhere is difficult to build- if you don't where you're going, how will you know how to get there. #aint that the truth!
* Before God can use us, he needs to make us useable #duh! How can you make an omelette without first removing the yolk and white from the shell!
* Believe in god despite our weaknesses #this is harder to digest for me
* Ask God for help with addressing your weaknesses but don't sit around waiting for a flashing neon sign to guide you #pray-make a plan- do something productive!
* Wait for God's time! #patience is a virtue indeed and like many. I suffer from hurry sickness- I want it all and I want it now. Trouble is, like many still, I'm probably not 'ready' for all that I think I want. I try to take something now from every experience-to learn the lesson in order to move onto the next. Easier said than done when you're neither feeling the lesson nor feeling patient but necessary all the same.