Thursday 17 June 2010

Take a leap of faith - and JUMP!

Chichi at From Now Till I Do wrote a really thought-provoking post about how our lives belong to God and not us - how God does the providing and makes the magic happen (no, it's not a reference to Cribs!). She shared a Bible quote that I take much comfort in –

Matthew 6:26
“Look at the birds in the sky! They don't plant or harvest. They don't even store grain in barns. Yet your Father in heaven takes care of them. Aren't you worth more than birds?”


My understanding of this is that if the birds don’t have to worry about the future, God has it sorted, so why should I worry? It's a simple interpretation, yes, but effective nonetheless. Instead of worrying, I need to take comfort in the knowledge that God is taking care of things. Sounds like a plan to me!

As a Mum there are a million and one things for us to think about on a daily basis, never mind thinking long-term. I find it hard to do anything without considering – how will this affect my family? Will we all cope with the changes? Will it affect our relationships, the routines that I’ve spent months establishing? I convince myself 'perhaps if I wait until Little Miss O goes to school then… 'blablabla - excuses excuses..

But sometimes, we just have to get illogical – we just have to DO IT!
Mr O and I have recently felt a strong ‘calling’ to start a certain project (I can’t tell just yet!), but have resisted because we think that we should 'wait' until X Y and Z are in place … we don’t have (a strong enough) faith that God is taking care of that side of things. We need to get that faith people?! If only I could buy it?! ... We're still struggling to fight off the mindset that - 'we're in control'! This Bible verse has been a really useful reminder that actually, all we have to do is listen to and trust in God. If he says do this, what are we waiting for? If only we would just be obedient, there'd be no ‘what ifs’ and no ‘are we sures’. If only our faith was stronger?!

So, as we plan our little project, we’ll have to pray (even harder) that God puts the right people in the right places, at the right times and saying/doing the right things. More importantly, we have to listen and do what he says!

No doubts, no deliberations – we simply have to take a leap of faith – and JUMP!

Mrs O
x

1 comment:

  1. And there's no better God to take a leap of faith on. Thanks for sharing. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...